Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Time for Reflection

I borrowed this incredible book from a friend of mine called "The Traveler's Gift". It has to be one of the best books I have read in such a long time. The premise of the book is the main character is beyond the end of his rope and is taken through some pivotal points in history, and learns some great life lessons from key people in the past. These lessons have been hitting home with me. One theme that has hit me over the head like a ton of bricks is being a person of decision and following the dream in your heart even when it doesn't make sense to those around you. I've allowed doubt in my dreams to creep in my heart. I've allowed myself to listen to the people in my life that want me to do something stable and safe in my life. I've allowed stress and worry to cloud my judgement and its caused me to lose the dream in my heart and the motivation behind it.
I desire to become unstoppable once again. I desire to once again truly care about what I do and why I do it. I don't want my vision to continue to be clouded by the day to day worries in life.
I really plan on taking this week to regroup and focus on the things that matter most.

No comments:

 

Design By:
SkinCorner