Thursday, December 21, 2006

Time to get organized

Its the time of the year when I have a few days to get organized. Life gets so crazy that papers pile up and suddenly my desk is throwing up and it drives me batty. I have enough to do to keep my busy and not thinking about my family on the other side of the country this Christmas. The busy work will be a great distraction. But the funny thing is that once this week is over...I will once again feel completely at peace being so many miles away from them. Oh the wretched month of December.
The past week I've been thinkng about how much this year has flown by, but this month seems to be dragging on. I have been under an unbelievable amount of stress. Life has been a huge struggle for survival and challenges have been around every bend. I know that challenges are suppose to give you strength and reveal your true character. I also grew up believing that God would never give you a great burden than you can handle, but right now I have to admit that I think He's just being a big meanie. I want so much to believe that there is a purpose the for trials that life brings and I want to believe that trials are meant to bring you closer to God, but I'm not experiencing that. Bitterness has been planted in my soul and I have to admit to you that it is growing roots. Those roots need to be plucked before I can't see the way back. What I need is a break. A light at the end of the tunnel...a steady upswing...something that lets me know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will provide for my needs.
So, I just had to get that out. I really am looking forward to this time of relaxing and getting refocused.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I really think that's why January and February are so boring. It gives everyone a chance to regroup and refocus as opposed to the busier times of the year. Hope you get a chance to catch your breath soon!

Mrs. Flinger said...

Ahh, you always seem to have it together to me! If you are being challenged, you hold up well and pass with flying colors.

meanwhile, I'm sure your family wishes you were closer, too. And ONE DAY, I will get to TN. ;-)

 

Design By:
SkinCorner