Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Time Has Arrived

In about 24 hours I will take off for the mountains of North Carolina. The next day, bands from various parts of the country will join us and the conference that I've been working so hard on will begin. The past few months have been quite a journey. I have been consumed with thoughts of failure and unknown. I have been pushed and stretched. I have been broken numerous times and put back together. Some scars are still there...some are healing. This has been one of the most grueling times of my life. I am spent.
I am also proud. In the face of opposition and complete exhaustion...I stuck to my guns. I found my strength. I found determination. I did not quit. I am still standing. And yes...I am getting back in the trenches for next year.
I am looking forward to this time of seeing the fruits of my labor. Meeting these artists that I have only talked to on the phone. Hearing some great speakers. Enjoying a concert by one of my favorite bands and hanging out with 2 of MY bands that will be with us this weekend. I am looking forward to being in the mountains and away from the 100+ degree weather that has annoyed me to no end. I am looking forward to when this is over and my life can get back to a state of normalcy.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I hope everything turns out really great. Post pictures when you get back!

Unknown said...

Good luck! I hope you get a chance to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

 

Design By:
SkinCorner