Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sometimes when you come back to reality...you REALLY come back to reality

Remember how I got the chance to go back home in May? It was such a great trip and I had a chance to reconnect with some family. One of these people was my Grandma. She and I have not always had the greatest road. Some incredibly destructive things happened in my young life that she had the power to protect me from but instead she made me believe I was in the wrong. As I grew up, the gap between us got narrower but it was still there. I knew that she had regretted mistakes that were made and she turned her life around as much as she could.
After our visit in May, she was diagnosed with lung cancer. It has progressed quickly and yesterday she was given less than 48 hours to live. This has been a whirlwind of shock for me. I am so thankful for that time that I had to spend with her and I know that in the midst of all of this...nothing else than letting her know how loved she is matters. Through her life, I have seen that no matter how many mistakes you make, that there can be redemption. She would say that the last 15 years of her life have been the best ever. That after being with so many frogs, that at 70 she finally found her prince.
I pray that these last few moments of her life are filled with peace and comfort.
Here is the last picture I have of her with my dad, brother and his family.

No comments:

 

Design By:
SkinCorner