Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Stuff life throws at you...

I guess for some reason, I need to keep learning that life is fragile and you need to prepare for the unknown. I got a phone call today from my BFF that a guy we grew up with died this weekend. This guy was a little brother to us. We would tease him, taunt him and basically be kids. The story that we have of his death so far was pretty heartbreaking. We've known him about as long as we've known each other. We then started to think about what if that was one of us...very sad to even consider. My BFF is my rock. After 24 years, she has experienced life with me. I am SO lucky to have someone like her in my life. Its pretty sad that it takes a devestating event to really understand what people mean to you.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Loss is always so hard. If the person wasn't close, maybe there is guilt there. If it is someone important, such a void. Best Friends....sometimes, they're better than family. I hold mine very close.

Mrs. Flinger said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Marj. But I'm also greatful for such an amazing friend (and it IS the friend I'm thinking of, yes?)

I'll be thinking of you both.

 

Design By:
SkinCorner