Thursday, October 26, 2006

Saying Goodbye to my 20's...

In a few hours, I will be 30. YIKES! I always envisioned 30 being way different than what its actually becoming. I thought I would be an adult by now, but I'm so far from it. It really seems like just yesterday that I was the awkward 12 year old girl with my bangs teased so high that a bird could live in it. My biggest problems were whether or not I would get the right color ESPRIT bag or if the right boy would rip off the Guess tag on my jeans. I had such lofty dreams back then. I was capable of doing anything. My dreams have taken on different forms over the years. I have made many of those dreams a reality...some dreams I have to keep fighting for to stay a reality and some dreams I am trying to still dream about. I have felt in the last few years that I have lost the ability to hold onto my dreams. That somewhere along the way, I have started to believe that some dreams aren't meant to come true. I have let bitterness come into my life and its time to kick it back out. I desire to be a 30 year old that believes in herself and believes once again that anything is possible. I want to believe once again that the dreams I have are meant to be realities at some point. So here is to a fresh start of strength!

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Not to worry, the 30s are fun....less pressure and lacking in the hang ups people in their 20s are famous for. You just get a lot more comfortable in your own skin! WOOT! Now, run out and get a tattoo! HA

Mrs. Flinger said...

WOHOOO! Welcome to thirty!! My calendar reminder popped up for your Bday. And I say, it's not so bad on this side. :-)

Anonymous said...

I turned 30 in March, and I can honestly tell you that I am loving it.

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!

 

Design By:
SkinCorner