Monday, July 19, 2010

Trust

I've always thought of myself as a fairly trusting person. I want to believe the best in people and trust that they would do the right thing in different situations. I've been burned way too many times throughout life and my trust in people has dwindled. I have a hard time seeing pure motives in others and now I tend to see the worst in people before the best.
Today, I came across this verse in Isaiah..."a trusting life will not topple". These words hit me like a ton of bricks! Trust needs to be part of the foundation of my life. As I've been mulling over these words, I've come to realize that my trust does not need to lie in other people. They are human...they will fail me. I put way too much stock in others...wanting them to meet my needs and fulfill me. The past several years of life, I've come to put way more pressure of other people in my life and I've stopped trusting God to take care of me. My life has become completely unstable and out of control. Professionally, so many people have come and gone after getting what they wanted out of my company. I've felt used and abused. It has sucked the life out of me. This has been the reason I've wanted to throw in the towel and get out of this business. This morning I realized that although people have repeatedly hurt me, my foundation needs to be rooted in Christ. if I can place my trust in Him, He will become my stability. I can stop putting so much stock in the people around me and start being the person I need to be.
How easy is it for you to trust?

No comments:

 

Design By:
SkinCorner