Thursday, April 03, 2008

Rain

Yes, it is raining outside today. As I listen to the water drop on my rooftop, and window and see all the dreariness of this day, I am reminded of the dreary condition that has enveloped my heart. I am not sure where the sadness began, but it has become a part of who I presently am. I am in need of a change, but I don't know what that is. Or maybe I do know and I am just too scared to take those steps. The dreary, damp places are confusing.
The other truth I know about rain...especially rain in Spring is that without it, there would be no growth. That we have to go through these times of ickyness in order to see beauty. By surrendering to the rain and allowing it to do its job, the trees and ground are transformed. They have new life. I need to hold onto that truth for myself. I want to experience the growth that awaits me. I just need to allow the rain to do its thing.

3 comments:

canadian sadie said...

*hugs*

I know this feeling all too well. Give in for a little while, but don't let it consume you. We're here. You can always come back and tell us about it if you need to. We're pretty good listeners :)

canadian sadie said...

Oh yeah...and how's the new place? Are you getting along okay with the roomie?

Unknown said...

Change is hard. Trust the process. I used to get so mad when people would tell me that, but the older I get the more sense it makes. Sometimes it takes a little doing to push up leaves through a little bit of dirt.

 

Design By:
SkinCorner