Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Shock

After a few months of silence, I got an email last night from my step-grandmother via my grandpa's account saying that he was in the hospital and having hallucinations and that he wasn't going to be coming home. It said that he was also denied access to a nursing home because they didn't have a mental ward. WEIRD! My grandpa has never been insane...like most of us, he's had depression from time to time, but this was news that came out of left field. So, I anxiously get on the phone with everyone that I can in my family and try to find out what is going on. It seems that my step-grandma has given up and no longer feels that she can care for him. I honestly don't know if my grandpa can survive being in a home. He has always hated them and I worry about his spirits when he is put in there. I found out today that its official...he will be transferred into a home on Friday. I feel so sad and so helpless being so far away. i know calls and that kind of stuff are important, but I wish he wasn't such a long and expensive plane ride away. I am sure that I will see him again...but it looks like the person I will see next wont be the same that I saw 2 years ago. The memories that I have I am holding onto so strongly...the hugs, the words he spoke...those things I cherish.

No comments:

 

Design By:
SkinCorner