Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Game

The game...its exhausting. Trying to please people (as I am so apt to do)...is draining. Yeah, this is me...drained. I feel like I've been in a tug of war and I"m the rope. I have decided to stay put and make the best of my circumstances because I need to create a better story for myself. This decision is anything but easy. I feel like my dreams and desires are morphing...into what, I'm still not completely sure...but I sense a change coming on. I still feel a calling to students...but I think that I need to focus on pouring into the lives of their leaders (Youth Pastors/Volunteers). I think a lot of the "problems" with high school students right now stems from the fact that the adults in their lives are pretty apathetic. I believe that if these adults have resources and get ministered to that they will be able to more effectively reach students. I want to create opportunities for them to experience authentic relationships with people "in their same boat" and to know that they are not an island. I would love to see these leaders learning from each other. So that is a snapshot of the dream I see. Its huge...but I guess that is what makes it a dream...its bigger than what I can do on my own effort.
I just need the strength to make it through the here and now.

No comments:

 

Design By:
SkinCorner