Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm gettin' outta town!

In less than 2 weeks now, I will be going to Seattle and Portland! I am soooo thrilled to get a week to see friends, a little bit of family and just see the beauty that is my old home...the Northwest. I have so much to do to plan and prepare. So much work that needs to be done so I can just go and be. I have one dilemma about this trip. My desire is to be selfish on this trip and make this my vacation...to see the people I want to see and do the things I want to do. Already, the tug of war begins. I have 1 family obligation...my brother is graduating college, but I don't want that event to drag into a multi-day affair. I want to come down for graduation, spend the evening with the family and jet back to Seattle as soon as I can the next day.
Have any of you guys done that...gone "home", but wanted to experience home in your new adult eyes? Treated home like any other vacation spot? How does that work? How do you set boundaries without causing a riot?

1 comment:

canadian sadie said...

How do you set boundaries without ostracizing everyone?

Good question. I've been trying to figure it out for the last 15 years. When you get the answer? Please let me know!!! :)

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

 

Design By:
SkinCorner