Monday, November 27, 2006

Thoughts and such

Well, the traveling days are over. I absolutely LOVED the last month of my life. Seeing different parts of the country...not being home was great. I've been home for the past 7 days straight and I'm feeling stir crazy. I have really enjoyed not knowing exactly what the day would hold. I liked surprises around every corner and sleeping in a different bed most nights. I've known for awhile that I was not cut out for the corporate world...maybe I'm not meant to be "settled" either. Somethng to think about.
Also, I really don't like this time of the year. Once again...I'm not seeing my family during the holidays and it bites. Normally I don't NEED to be around my family. I have a pretty independent life and I like it that way. I don't run and ask my family for advicce on life decisions or feel the need to constantly talk to them on the phone. Granted some of my family members are cool and I like them...others...not so much. But regardless, they are mine and I miss them like crazy when it comes time for the traditional days of family gatherings. I feel a huge sense of being all alone in the world during these times and it easily becomes a dark pit of depression. My time here in Nashville has been the lonliest I've ever experienced, even after all this time I'm still not used to having several people arond to call my own. I know that there are people out there that care...I just long for people that are mine. here. with me.
On a happier note...the weather here has been IDEAL the past few days. high 60's, low 70's and SUNNY. The little break from the winter cold has been nice.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Sorry you won't be with your family for the holidays....make sure you do some fun stuff with your pals to make up for it!

canadian sadie said...

You've been away from your family a lot at the holidays, and I've never been away from mine for the holidays. I never see them the rest of the time--but Christmas? I'd go wild.

Although, I'm thinking next year? They can all fly out and visit me. I've had enough of this travelling business :) It's freaking pricey!

 

Design By:
SkinCorner